AHRS believes in service-oriented, relationship-based, customized compensation consulting. That means we are focused on your needs and take a “no boiler-plate” approach towards working with our clients. Because of our relationship and service orientation, we maintain long-term relationships with most of the organizations we work with.
Strategic Compensation and Total Rewards Consulting:
- Development of comprehensive compensation strategies, plans, and programs
- Competitive analysis of your compensation plans and pay levels
- Base pay and cash compensation analysis, strategy and plan development
- Executive compensation analysis and consulting
- Stock and equity analysis, strategy and plans
- Performance management programs
- Incentive plans: planning, analysis, and development
- Sales compensation planning, analysis, and plan development
- Total rewards planning and competitive analysis
- Custom salary surveys for unique or “new-economy” roles
- On-site and/or retained consulting for larger or on-going needs and/or intensive engagements that require higher levels of support.
HR Consulting and Planning:
- HR audits and reviews
- Reduction in force (RIF) programs
- Paid Time Off (PTO) program development and/or conversions
- Development/consultation concerning HR policies and programs
- Determining corporate HR needs, and the HR function’s goals and plans
- Conducting sexual harassment and other EEO investigations
- On-site consulting, where we can place one of our consultants on-site for larger or intensive compensation-related engagements
- Retainer agreements, where you gain guaranteed access to our consultants on an on-going basis, as needed
- HR project management for large and critical projects
- Special projects for your HR and/or senior management teams
Applied HR Strategies (AHRS) offers custom compensation and rewards-related training for your company or group. Please contact us directly if you are interested. AHRS founder Doug Sayed is also a faculty instructor for WorldatWork, the leading international compensation and rewards professional association. He teaches courses “C17” (market pricing) and “C12” (variable pay) for WorldatWork around the USA, both of which are required courses to earn the Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) designation.
We currently offer compensation training via the HR RoundTable (HRRT), and there will be three sessions between September and December of 2018 (and most likely next year as well, dates TBD). If you are a member of the HRRT, you should be seeing an announcement soon, if you have not already. If you are interested in becoming an HRRT member, please contact Carol Olsby at email@example.com.
Topics we have trained/educated on include:
- Compensation program development – how-to and manager training
- Compensation planning and preparing for merit pay
- Market pricing – how-to and management education
- Variable pay and incentives – how-to and management education
- Equity compensation for managers, and for employee groups
- Compensation training for managers and/or non-manager groups
- Executive compensation
- Performance management
- Compensation trends and strategies
- StrategicPay® Series Intensive Workshops
Applied HR Strategies and the StrategicPay® Series are proud to bring to you several intensive half-day training workshops that focus on education and the practical application compensation and rewards-related topics. Each session includes instruction from experts in their field, as well as presentation materials and other takeaways for program implementation back in your organization.
These workshops can be brought directly to your workplace or available via periodic public offerings. In the past, all public workshops have been held either in Seattle or Bellevue Washington and have included a continental breakfast, as well as 20% discount on the purchase of the StrategicPay Series toolkits, if interested.
All workshops to date have been approved for 3.5 HRCI re-certification credits and we expect that future ones will be as well.
There are currently no events.
If your organization would like customized training brought directly to your work site, please contact us for more information. Here are some topics that we can bring to your work site (for your HR and/or compensation teams, or for larger segments of your workforce, as your needs dictate):
- Stock/equity training (options, RSUs, etc.) for HR staff and/or your workforce
- Customised total rewards training for HR and/or your management team
- Developing (or re-developing) cash compensation and/or equity programs – technical training for your HR and/or rewards professionals
- How to conduct a comprehensive market pricing/competitive pay analysis
- Conducting a compensation audit for your organization
- Salary planning and designing and building your merit pay program
- Designing variable pay/incentive programs
- Any other rewards-related custom program you may desire for your organization (please contact us to discuss)
- Many of these programs include actual soft-copy tools and templates for your organization that can save you dozens of hours of work, in addition to the learning that will result from attending our programs.
We welcome your suggestions and feedback! If there is a subject you would like to see covered in a workshop, please let us know. You can e-mail us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
NW Technology Survey
AHRS has partnered with the Milliman, Inc. (“Milliman”) to bring you the “new and improved” Northwest Technology Survey (formerly the Northwest IT Survey).
The survey now contains over 220 job titles (more than double the job coverage from earlier editions of the survey) and over 25 new technology job families, covering benchmark jobs commonly found in commercial technology companies and other companies with technical and IT staff, along with a revised job-leveling methodology common to what most technology companies are accustomed to benchmarking to.
The 2019-2020 edition of the survey was published in October of 2019 and is now available. Participation in the 2020 edition of the survey begins in June, so there is still time to signup and save by participating in the survey (click the link above).
Data collection for the 2020 edition of the survey will began in June 2020, and the participation deadline is in August. There is special pricing for smaller companies (<200 FTEs) and for participating companies. Please see the survey website for more information. From this page, you can download a listing of survey jobs, review participation and pricing options as well as sign up to participate in and/or purchase the survey.
Please feel free to contact us, or the professionals at Milliman for more information about the survey.